Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

The Ricochet of Hardheadedness

Ever imagined a life without any limits? I meant laws and rules from our homes to the whole world? A life that you can do anything that you want. No laws against drugs, weapons, alcohol and other harmful things that human invented? Chaotic you say? But why do people, amidst our governments providing laws and punishments for those who will go against it, still commit crimes to the point that some of them become rebels?

It could be because we're all the same. As a person, A human being with God-given freewill, we all have tendencies to resist things that limits our movement. We love the feeling of being free, the feeling of being able to do whatever we want to, liberty to things that we can afford. To the point that some people doesn't want other people minding what they're doing, which frequently says "Mind your own business" or in tagalog "Walang paki-alamanan".

This attitude bothers me, a lot. Not that I'm being a hypocrite for not wanting to have the same freedom, nor trying to make myself someone who matters and voice should be heard. Of course, everybody has rights to privacy and not everyone can tell you what to and not to do. But it just strikes me that this attitude is not purely just about privacy. There are times that it's just plain Hardheadedness.

I remember the time when I was just a child, when I was always reminded by my mom to take a nap after lunch everyday or I won't be able to go out and play with my friends. Well, I do believe that most of us experience this too, maybe we just have different punishments or rewards for that matter. That time, we never liked the nap-time rule. We tend to make excuses and think of things just to be able to pass nap time. To be able to play outside until our energies run out.

Thankfully, My parents are responsible enough to force us to follow the rule or to be general the house rules, that no matter what we do. Even if we cry-to-death, do outstanding somersaults, they won't budge. A rule is a rule. But Of course there are times that we get exemptions, which won't count more than 10. It was super hard to the point that I hated my parents (for a day or 2) for not giving me the freedom that I want, but for a long-term it paid-off and I'm again, very grateful for it. It just proved me more that the word of God is reliable. Learning from my preacher Bro. Eli Soriano how children should be raised sharing and reading Proverbs 22:6 to all the Members of Church of God International
 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it
I grew up with rules, I learned to cope with it and up to now, I still am. And I do think that I need to until the day that I die. Because now, I can imagine the things that might have happened, might happen, and will happen If I do. If I won't? I'm pretty much aware that my Hardheadedness will Ricochet.

I've observed and witnessed the effects of this attitude. This "Mind your own business" thing. It was never pleasant, neither it was helpful to the persons who uses it frequently to defend their hardheadedness. From relatives to friends to neighbours who managed to live without bounding rules, complications and chaos occurs to them from time to time, to the point that some of them either end-up screwing their lives with drugs, alcohol or being imprisoned.

Sad but that's what reality is. And as I've learned from Bro. Eli, that this time where children will be disobedient to their parents as he shared what is written in II Timothy 3:2 reading :
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
I became more grateful of how I was raised. He also shared to me one of the benefits of obeying my parents at Ephesians 6:1-3 reading :
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
 This concern doesn't just end with physical freedom, because I've also learned from him, that obeying God's rules and laws is the reason we live and doing His will can benefit us in many ways.

Do you see the sadder reality? That people nowadays doesn't even bother to listen to the laws and words of God? The real doctrines of our Lord Jesus Christ which I think is the most important rules that man has to obey? I'm glad If you do, but If you don't, this reality is what causing our world to get worst every single day. If disobedience on house rules can cause chaotic and unpleasant life of a person. The effect of having no fear to God is a lot worst, to the point that many people nowadays doesn't even believe that God exists. More and more people are becoming atheist which I learned thru Bro. Eli's blog post and preaching is an escape to reality.

I just can't imagine how my life will be If rules don't exist. And I'm thankful for His guidance and help for being able to be a obedient child of my parents, my preachers and of course my Lord and my God.

All Thanks and Glory be to God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment