Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Reason I'm Still Single

Ok. Some of you reading this might be curious why after 25 years of my life, I am still Single. More specifically If you're one of my relatives, a friend, or someone who just knows me personally. Some of you might have jump into conclusions like, "Choosy" or "He's gay" or anything like that. Ok, Just to be clear, One thing that I'm pretty sure of myself is I'm not Gay. You are free to think that I'm just defensive or something similar, but I really don't think I have to prove anything to anyone just to clear this thing up.

On the other hand I think I am somewhat choosy. To the point that I've end-up totally falling in love to just one girl, which eventually turned out as "not to be" after 4 years of waiting (which is pretty recent). Well, I'm not saying that I never had other crushes. But let's leave that behind because that's not my point. That's not the reason I'm posting and sharing this thing to you.

Now, to clear out the "I am somewhat choosy". I was looking for something particular in a girl, but of course, just like a normal human being, not to mention my keen eye to details. I am attracted to pretty, cute or beautiful girls. Everyone does. But to me, It doesn't end there. I also observe the way a girl dresses, In a regular day, at work and special occasions. Well, this is one unusual standard nowadays, and this is one of the points why I am still single. I'll honestly admit (and I guess every man does) that slutty, inappropriate dressing can make me look at some girls, but who wants their partner's body to be feast on by every man? Well I don't, for I have learned with Bro. Eli Soriano's preaching straightly from the bible that women specially If you're a Christian, should adorn themselves decent clothing reading I Timothy 2:9-10
In the same way also, I desire that women adorn themselves in decent clothing, with modesty and sensibleness, not adorned with braiding, or gold, or pearls, or costly clothing , but with good works, which becomes women professing godliness.
Well, If you don't want to be biblical or it just bores you, lets try logic and common sense. How does inappropriate dressing affect a normal man? If you're a girl, and tried or usually wears short skirts, revealing dresses, tight jeans and whatever that shows skins or the figure of your body, What's the usual stare that you get from men? Does it feel appropriate or somewhat positively appreciative? I don't think so. And do you think that It's just their faults or their just perverts to look at you just like that? I really don't think It's just their fault to be looking at you with lust in their eyes. You are pretty suggestive, you gave them permission to expand their imaginations to something that is not appropriate which most of the time leads to something ungodly, to the point that someone gets raped. I don't think I'll ever want someone who wants all men staring at her because of her slutty way of clothing. Is that so much to be stereotyped as choosy? I really don't think so.

The other reasons that I have why I'm still single is something that I've also learned from Bro. Eli's preaching and not because I just wanted to stay single, nor doesn't have any intention or desire to have a relationship (Since I just said that I tried courting someone). I became choosy for a certain reason. One, Is the thing that I've pointed above.

The other reason is again something unusual nowadays. I've learned that a relationship, biblically speaking is sacred. This is something that we shouldn't joke around, for you can't read a Christian, Apostle, Saint or not in the bible having relationships before finally committing in a marriage. I've also learned that once I've chosen and decided someone to be my partner and our feeling becomes mutual, It should last until the end of our lives and since she will be the partner of my whole life, I have to be responsible and be ready for the things that we will need. From the basic things like shelter, food and clothing to the things that partners should possess for as they say "for better or worse".

And lastly, the most unusual reason nowadays which I don't think needs further explanations.
Ecclesiates 12: 1 - Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, "I find no pleasure in them"--
Psalms 37:1 - Take delight in the Lordand he will give you the desires of your heart. 
Matthew 6:31-34 - 31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Well, If you have any particular reaction, positive or negative. That's just me and what I've learned from the Bible by Bro. Eli Soriano's Preaching.

P.S. Doing this is never ever easy neither the statement above is me claiming as a saint or something alike. But with God's help and guidance, It is possible.

1 comment:

  1. Your point is well-said. Or as you may be trying to imply it is really taking the right perspective. Sometimes people will hate you or draw out an illustration in their minds why one remains single. But the more important thing is to ignore if you know what you are doing and you know your priorities.

    ReplyDelete