Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Best Seller of All Time Yet the Hardest to Sell

Oh howdy. So the controversy I've realized grabbed your attention. Yep. It could be somewhat confusing, but in deep sense, It is true. Well this post is mostly based on my personal experience and observation. What is this Best Seller of All Time that I'm talking about, and why did I said that It's the hardest to sell? How can something hard to sell become the best seller of all time?
If you have guessed it right, It is the Holy Bible. More than 6 Billion have been sold worldwide. Translated in almost every available language on earth and can be purchased almost everywhere (excluding the strict non-christian countries). So why did I said it is the hardest to sell? Well it is. Not literally of-course.

I've been a member of the Church of God since I was 15 years old (Was baptized 14 years old, 1 week before I turned 15). I was born and raised catholic, and as I have mentioned in my first blog post, my family attended several born-again christian sects, In short my parents have been searching for the true religion, until my mother died when I was just starting out high-school (12 years old). To cut the story short, my father stopped looking for the true church until he saw Ang Dating Doon, a parody / comedy program of the Ang Dating Daan hosted by a sensible Bible Preacher, Bro. Eli Soriano. We we're enjoying Ang Dating Doon, until my father became curious where did Ang Dating Doon copy their program format, until we found  Ang Dating Daan on RJ29. Even though I was just 14 years old that time. I already know that this religious program is the best thing I've ever heard. It was biblical, easy to understand and completely logical, at some point Bro. Eli mentions reality that passes through our lives which got my attention. He also have this unique sense of humor that no other preacher has. One by one, starting from my father, we attended the Mass Indoctrination, we accepted the true doctrines of our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy baptism. It was the most happiest day of my life when I realized that I was one of the blessed who founded the true church amidst the false religions that's been scattered around the Philippines.

But one thing that I never knew, that even though I have no problem with the doctrines that I have received, It's not the same to other people, even my closest friends can't accept most of it, That even though It is biblical, logical and true, I can barely convince them, the way Bro. Eli Soriano convinced me. I never expected that having the true faith is too hard to accept for others, I've even encountered someone complaining about the rules of the bible saying "Dami palang bawal dyan no?" in english "I never knew that there's too many restrictions there"  talking about my faith.

It was indeed the hardest thing I've ever tried to sell. Selling something that will take away their freedom to do whatever they want to do for the price of true religion isn't worth for them. Freedom to do whatever they want to do was too much for them to exchange for a better life, a life with God and Christ. A life, that If we're found worthy, will be rewarded for an everlasting life. Well, some people just hate being governed, controlled or being lead to a better life. They prefer to live their life to the fullest as they say, which is mostly by dwelling and doing vices. Sad but true.

And if you're not one of those people, and doesn't want to end up like them but you don't know where to start. Try reading this article written by Bro. Eli Soriano, Knowing the true meaning of your life can give you the idea where and when to start doing the right thing.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and I hope that the essence of this post is clear to you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment